Hi Lauren-I am happy that you started out with your strengths first - you are very empathetic. You are correct in that not everyone is as direct as you would like. People are not always ready to receive the information-especially if it not the most positive information re: their health. Humor is a good thing but as you say, you must assess the individual and the situation so as not to offend. You are moody!? That is news to me as you have been positive and enthusiastic, even when situations were difficult to deal with. But then again, I am not around you 24/7! :-) great reflection-keep pushing yourself to delve deep in order to do the best for yourself and be the best for your future patients! Dr. Shaw
Hi Lauren-I am happy that you started out with your strengths first - you are very empathetic. You are correct in that not everyone is as direct as you would like. People are not always ready to receive the information-especially if it not the most positive information re: their health. Humor is a good thing but as you say, you must assess the individual and the situation so as not to offend. You are moody!? That is news to me as you have been positive and enthusiastic, even when situations were difficult to deal with. But then again, I am not around you 24/7! :-) great reflection-keep pushing yourself to delve deep in order to do the best for yourself and be the best for your future patients! Dr. Shaw
ReplyDelete